Friday, July 8, 2011

Yes! I am still alive!

So, not that anyone really reads this blog but in case anyone was wondering... I AM ALIVE! The past few months have been beyond crazy and so blogging was put at the bottom of the priority list. Actually, it is still sitting at the bottom of the list. I am just procrastinating right now so... yeah. Anyway, here is a little update:
I am almost done with my third semester at BYU-Idaho. I will be receiving my Associate's degree next semester and then my Bachelor's in a year (GASP!). That is if everything goes according to plan but so far things are looking good.
I am loving this semester. It has not been to academically taxing and but my classes have been engaging enough that I have been able to stay pretty motivated and interested. There have been a couple rough spots like there always are but all-in-all it has been a pretty easy semester as far as school goes.
I am no longer dating the boy I was serious with at the beginning of the semester. He is currently off track and we sort of just fizzled out. There were some things and we figured it was for the best. It was a really hard decision having been my first major relationship I was not sure what to expect. It was difficult especially since it happened at the beginning of the semester. I am doing well now and enjoying life with my friends and the wonderful people here in Rexburg.
Speaking of wonderful people in Rexburg, my roommates are the BEST! Truly, as far as living with 6 girls goes, I think we have a Zion-like apartment. We are pretty clean, the girls are kind, friendly, and supportive. It is really fun to do things with them. We have roommate prayer every night (as long as we remember) and they are really sweet to each other. We took pictures about a month ago and I will put those up soon.
I have started running again. It has been a really good escape and stress-relief for me. I am going to run the temple-to-temple relay race with my roommates in September. I am excited!
A couple of weekends ago all of my family on my mom's side came up to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Idaho Falls for a kind of family reunion. It is a rare occasion for all of us to be together so it was really fun! We took family pictures, had a baby shower for Jonathan and Sara who will be having their first baby, had a birthday party for the 5 kids who have their birthdays together, and enjoyed a nice Father's day. It was so great to see everyone and to spend time together. Pictures of that weekend are soon to come as well.
Last weekend was the Fourth of July weekend. On Friday I went canoeing with my roommate Megan. We were supposed to go to the Teton River or something like that but the river was too high and fast. We then went to Rigby lake. A trip from Rexburg to Rigby Lake would normally take about 15-20 minutes. It took us more than an hour to get there because there was an accident in the construction zone. Combine that with holiday traffic from a college campus and you have yourself a major traffic jam. It was really fun once we arrived and I am so glad that Megan came with me. On Saturday I took care of stuff in Rexburg and came down to Idaho Falls. The major festivities took place on Monday. We woke up and went to the Parade. We ate at a breakfast that was happening during the parade and it was nice. Thanks to the Hiltbrands for inviting us! I then attempted (twice) to go to my college ward party. I thought I had the address correct but I obviously went to the wrong house when no one answered the door and when there was nobody in the backyard. By the time we finally figured it out, there were 5 minutes left and it was kind of humiliating because I was sort of a spaz and didn't know anyone. I am still glad that I tried to be supportive. I went home and hung out with my family and we ate dinner together before we went and waited for the fireworks. We played games in the parking lot by the Caboose where Alexandra works on the river. The firework show was SPECTACULAR! The best part to me was when the music transitioned into "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." That song has been on my mind a lot lately and it touched my heart that was already tender in thinking about our country. I am so grateful to live in this wonderful nation where I am free to worship how I please and to say those things that I want to say. I am grateful to those who have and do continue to fight to defend our freedoms. I am grateful for the inspired individuals who founded, have led, and do continue to lead our country. I hope that I can do my part to make it a place where my children will be happy to live and where we can still enjoy the privileges that we currently have.
Well, that is my not so brief update. I will be sure to post again and add some pictures. I will try to not let it get so long in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment