Monday, August 22, 2011

Running

Running is an escape from the world-- an escape when everything seems to come crashing down. Running allows me to clear my mind. I don't have to think about school, or my family, or anything else. Running is a purge. Yes, it hurts. Yes, it is hard. Yes, it can make you feel sick and tired and sore. But it running is also accomplishing things. It is setting a seemingly impossible goal and reaching that goal. Running is a way for me break things down until there is nothing left but the road and my simplest, most perfected self. When I started running again I became frustrated because I wasn't as fast or going as far as I used to when I was growing up. But as I have run this summer I have realized that it isn't about the past. As long as I get out there and push myself, I am already better than I was when I started. Even if I don't go as far as I went the day before, it is about the daily struggle. Sometimes in life that is all we can do. Life is like running-- they are both hard! But when we take one day at a time and lay everything out there then we will have become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment