Sunday, October 30, 2011

Because I have nothing else to do...

Today I am sick. It is kind of a huge bummer (but at least I am home for the weekend so I am not roughing it on my own). If there is one day when it really stinks to be sick I think it is Sunday. I really hate missing church and this weekend I was excited to go with my family. On the other hand, Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest anyway so it is not like during the week where I would get behind from missing school. My cousin is sick today, too, (we have the same allergy and so we think it was something we ate) and so we are just chillin' and having a Star Wars marathon. Epic, I know.
Anyway, because I have nothing else to do except lay on the couch and watch Luke Skywalker duke it out with Darth Vader, I decided it was time for a blog update. It's not like I have much to say but here it goes:

I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!! So what did I do (besides make a dumb decision and go to the straw maze)? I decorated. I didn't finish everything I wanted to. There is still a half-made garland that I was going to put above the TV and little mice silhouettes (like the ones on the window but bigger) that I was going to cut out and put on the floor boards. They just didn't get done with school being so crazy and student teaching applications due in less than a month. GASP! (I know. It was a surprise to me, too). Anyway, here are is a sneak peek. I will post more when I am done and we carve our pumpkins



The kitchen window. If you look really closely you might be able to see the spiders we stuck in the gauze

Tissue Paper Pom-Poms we made with Halloween colored paper

The main window with twinkle lights and a leaf garland.

Pictures we printed off. We bought frames at DI and painted the frames and the eyes of the pictures with glow-in-the-dark paint. I bought a black light and hung it from the ceiling and so when the light is on the glow-in-the-dark stuff is green and everything else is purple. I LOVE BLACK LIGHTS! They are so fun. The pictures are creepy though when it is 3:30 in the morning and you are so tired that your head isn't on straight and you have to turn off all the lights and they are still glowing...

The overall affect so far. And it looks WAY cooler at night. We will see if I get feeling well enough to make the remaining decorations. I also need to figure out a better solution for the black light cord. It looks kind of tacky...

I can't think of anything else to say right now and this post is also really long anyway and has been little more than senseless ramblings.
Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment