Monday, April 9, 2012

Lately...

So, the semester is over. Hallelujah. It was a pretty bombin' semester-- take it how you will. I had some pretty rad FHE bros (probably because 1/2 of them were the same and the other have were just LEGIT), kind roommates, and made some tight new friends. However, it was definitely crazy this semester as far as academics is concerned. I got my first B this semester-- GASP! I know. It is so unlike me and, in reality, I am devastated about it but I have to look at the situation and tell myself that it is okay as long as it NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS happens again. I will just spend all of next semester in the library studying my little heart out...

Anyway, I GOT MY STUDENT TEACHING PLACEMENT! I am teaching at Falls Valley Elementary in Idaho Falls and will start in January. I am starting to get excited. It was my last choice for schools but I went today for an orientation and I think I like the Principal which is good. He asked me what grade I wanted to teach and promised to put me where ever I wanted. I am up for teaching whatever grade so it looks like I will be in 2nd when the time comes. It will be awesome.

I went to Utah for General Conference a couple of weeks ago. It felt so so SO good to get out Idaho, ignore school/finals, and chill. The spiritual edification was AWESOME! One of my favorite talks was by Elder Holland (isn't that always the way?). You can watch it HERE. I am so grateful for the testimony building experiences that I had. I sometimes have difficulty with certain people or particular tendencies that they have and I have been praying for help and patience with that. It was during General Conference that I felt the Spirit so strongly and I was able to see those people as Christ sees them. I know understand them (at least to some extent) and have a greater love for them.

On a totally unrelated note, remember the "Guy on the Buffalo" video? (If not, see this post) Well, this one is even better...

No comments:

Post a Comment