Friday, November 9, 2012

Constants

A lot has happened in my life that I never thought I would experience.  But, even so, these periods and changes have made me who I am today.  And despite the fact that life is constantly changing, and as a result changing me, there are a few things that I want to be known as constants in my life:

1. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's true and restored church upon the earth.
2. I am proud to be an American and to exercise my freedom.
3. I know that the Savior died for me and I am thankful that I can repent every day.
4. I know that I am part of a family.  They love me and I love them.  And even if I don't have a family in this life, one day I will.  I believe in families.
5. I am thankful that I have the capacity to learn. I know that it is important to do this daily.
6. I want to be known as someone who constantly tries to live the gospel of Jesus Christ and will never change who she is to fit in with the world's standards of acceptability.
7. I want to be known as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
8.  I want to be known as a valiant warrior in the cause for righteousness.
9. I want to be a missionary for my entire life, even if I am not literally called. I want all of our Heavenly Father's children to have the gospel, and I will share that with them even if it is simply through my example.
10. I know that God not only exists, but he lives!
11. I am proud to be a woman. I am excited to be a mother one day and I know that this is a divine calling.
12. I know that I am by no means perfect and there are always ways and room for me to improve.
13. I know that if I make choices that are in line with the teachings of the gospel, I will have true happiness.
14. I already love my husband and children.  I don't know them yet but I pray for them daily and want to live in such a way that they are proud of me.
15. I am a Christian.
16. I will fiercely defend those things that are good and right and fight to have a world where I and my family will be safe and can have true joy.
17. I believe in covenants and that not only making them but keeping them every moment will make us infinitely happy.
18. I am truly grateful for everything that the Lord has blessed me in my life.
19.  I have a testimony and will do everything to never let it fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment