Friday, September 7, 2012

Tomorrow, Is Only a Day Away

This has been a unique 7 week break.  It has been so nice to be able to settle down and recuperate after a year of craziness and especially after last semester's hectic schedule.  But strangely enough (or maybe not so strange) I am SO excited to go back to school.  I am excited to get back into a normal schedule and routine, to have deadlines, to have homework (what?) and to be surrounded by amazing kids my own age.  I miss devotional, ward prayer, my independence, and spontaneous adventure.  What I probably miss most is Alex.    I am so excited to be reunited with him again and to pick up where we left off.  It's a good thing that I get to see him TOMORROW so that I can start feeling more like myself again.

But this summer hasn't been bad.  I have been keeping busy reading lots of books, playing with my family, learning how to sew and quilt, and finishing some knitting projects.  Here are some pictures from this summer's happenings:

Skyping with Alex-- making a squid face

Tea party the kids planned and hosted.  Dressing up was required although each person interpreted that differently
The Kids enjoying a back-to-school treat
Darling Siri and her cupcake



Owen's birthday


Adalyn demonstrating her amazing baby capabilites by shoving
her whole binki in her mouth and showing off her flexibility

Brigham and Siri with their darling crowns that Kaise made

Siri dressed up as a "bride" by putting a tutu under her skirt to
make it poofy and added a "veil" to her crown 

Kaise and the DARLING hat she made by weaving grass into a wire frame she created
New Baby Thomas!!!


Jonathan and Adalyn in the garden-- that is all of our squash and pumpkins


Science Experiments

Siri and her garden explorations
I can't wait to get back and see this in real life: 


At my Cinco de Mayo birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment