Ah yes. Yet another list to welcome in 2014. Aren’t I original? AND I am super duper late. HELLOO, it’s the eighth, Zoey. I know, I know. But I want to do things differently this year, which warrants a different kind of list. Seeing as most of last year’s new years resolutions went completely to pot, this year I am going to make a (wait for it)… bucket list. Now everyone slowly rub your mustache and say, “intriguing… quite intriguing. Tell me more good Madame.”
Let me indulge you. With this bucket list I am trying to psych myself out. See, a bucket list sounds way more achievable to me than a resolutions list. And way more exciting. I am also pretty sure I will want to do the things on my bucket list as opposed to feeling like I have a duty to do the stuff I would put on my new years resolutions list. And hopefully, to achieve the things on my bucket list I will do things that would be on my new years resolutions list.
I know. I am such a trixster.
And without further ado, Here is the bucket list of Awesome Possum stuff I want to do in 2014:
- Worship more deeply and more often. (Study the scriptures FIRST THING, talk about what I learned with husband, write down my blessings, go to the temple at least every other week.)
- Go on regular dates with husband.
- Take a picture a day and write a 1 sentence caption. And practice editing it. Maybe this blog will even be a vehicle for achieving this one. But don’t count on it.
- Run a 5 K and start working up to a half marathon.
- Graduate. I can’t wait to check this sucker off.
- Move OUT OF REXBURG you hellish frozen tundra of a pit.
- Make a new married couple friend.
- Make our home a haven. (keep the storage room clean, play uplifting music often, do fun things that allow us to communicate rather than just watching tv, decorate in a happy way).
- Get a big girl job.
- Eat healthy almost all of the time. Start out with a small goal and work up. For example, this week I am only allowing myself 1 real desert (which I already indulged in even though it is only Wednesday).
- Record my life more. See number 2.
- Start determining my personal style. Learn what I like and why and how things go together.
- Become a couponing extraordinaire.
Perfect! Let’s get started.
So what are your resolutions/bucket list?
Stay tuned for an Awesome/Awkward Thursday post coming your way tomorrow brought to you by the students of BYU-Idaho (including myself).
Today I am thankful for our car, that it works and that I didn’t have to walk to school in this slushy, snowy mess that is our town.