Monday, February 3, 2014

A Very Sick Time

Sorry if this is a little TMI.  You can skip this post if you want.  I won't be offended

Two weeks ago the flu bug decided to move in and make it's home in Alex's stomach.  Never a sadder sight did you ever see.  And it wasn't like it was just a 24 hour delio. No, this lasted in his poor little body for 3 or 4 days.  But he eventually got over it.  In the mean time, my mom and grandma and grandpa and just about everyone else I know was deathly ill with pneumonia, coughs, colds, bronchitis, etc.  But I never got what they had.  And I thought I was in the safe zone.  Until Saturday night.

Saturday night I was out.  All of a sudden, my nose exploded.  A literal bomb went off in my sinuses and within an hour I had a full blown cold with the worst sinus headache I had ever known.

Then Sunday I caught Alex's flu.  Between being unable to breathe and hugging the toilet and praying for relief, I laid in bed and called to Alex to warm up my corn bag, took warm, wasteful, showers that soothed my aching body and made my muscles sing with sweet comfort.  I would like to take a moment and thank husband and Crystal Light water flavor drops for my existence last night.

We eventually went to bed.  I woke up this morning and I am new woman.  My sinus pressure and nausea is gone! I am only left with a slightly stuffy nose and that is something that is more than manageable.  Here's to hoping that this winter epidemic is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment